This event was the first American Le Mans Series race held outside of North America. It served as a precursor to the creation of the European Le Mans Series by gauging the willingness of European teams from the FIA Sportscar Championship and FIA GT Championship to participate in a series identical to the American Le Mans Series. This event also shared the weekend at Silverstone with an FIA GT round, with some GT teams running both events.
Class winners in bold.
- Pole Position - #0 Team Rafanelli - 1:37.030
- Fastest Lap - #0 Team Rafanelli - 1:39.748
- Distance - 503.744 km
- Average Speed - 172.607 km/h
- "Official Results" (PDF). International Motor Sports Association. 2000. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2005-10-16.
- "American Le Mans Series 2000". World Sports Racing Prototypes. Archived from the original on 2008-10-05.