Freightquote, a C.H. Robinson company, is an online transportation broker of freight services throughout North America, based in Kansas City, Missouri. Their business provides comparisons of shipping rates for national and regional freight carriers.
Freightquote developed a patented-technology platform to enable shippers to find competitive rates that can be compared for their freight shipments, similar to that which travel websites provide. Performed online, customers input freight shipment information online, review carrier options, choose a carrier, book shipments and pay for services. The company extends this platform through API connections. E-commerce websites integrate the company's technology to provide their customers with freight cost estimating and booking capabilities.
C.H. Robinson acquisition
In early 2015, Freightquote was acquired by C.H. Robinson, a third-party logistics firm based in Eden Prairie, MN, specializing in logistics and supply chain services, including freight transportation. The acquisition connects C.H. Robinson’s global supply chain services with the strong e-commerce presence and customer base of Freightquote.
- Alonzo, Austin. "Freightquote deal: History, muscle join tech savvy". BizJournels. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- "Freightquote, C.H. Robinson deal weds tech savvy with scale - Kansas City Business Journal". Kansas City Business Journal. Retrieved 2015-06-11.
- "About Freightquote: U.S. Freight Shipping Company". Freightquote. Retrieved 2014-08-16.
- Ebay Business at Your Fingertips - Kevin Boyd. p. 113.
- "Freightquote.com, Inc.: Private Company Information - Businessweek". Businessweek.com. Retrieved 2015-06-16.
- "Freightquote.com Inc. - 2014/01/14 - Gale Company Profiles". Alacrastore.com. 2014-01-14. Retrieved 2014-08-16.
- "Great Hill Takes Stake in FreightQuote". The New York Times. December 14, 2006. Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- "Three years later, C.H. Robinson exec says Freightquote deal is paying off". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2018-10-02.
- "Freightquote acquisition pleases analysts, markets - Kansas City Business Journal". Retrieved 2015-06-16.
- "Freightquote, C.H. Robinson deal weds tech savvy with scale - Kansas City Business Journal". Kansas City Business Journal. Retrieved 2015-06-16.
- "Robinson buys Freightquote.com for $365 million in cash; takes big step into LTL – DC Velocity". www.dcvelocity.com. Retrieved 2015-06-16.
- Barry, David (January 20, 2010). "The $100 Million Revenue Club: Freightquote.com". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- (Associated Press) (January 28, 2014). "Freightquote plans to add 400 jobs in Kansas City". Columbia Daily Tribune. Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- "Gov. Nixon joins company officials, Mayor James in opening new Freightquote corporate headquarters in Kansas City". Office of Missouri Governor Jay Nixon. July 16, 2013. Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- "Freightquote breaks ground on Mo. offices". MSN News. Archived from the original on 17 March 2014. Retrieved 17 March 2014. (video)
- Quinn, Kathy (August 14, 2012). "Freightquote.com Breaks Ground on New $44M Headquarters". Fox News (Kansas City). Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- Stewart, Matt (July 16, 2013). "Freightquote leaves Kansas for Missouri". Fox News (Kansas City). Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- Trucking in growth: Freightquote carries the revenue load by investing in service and technology - Kansas City Business Journal
- Freightquote.com buys Pennsylvania firm - Kansas City Business Journal
- Rafter, Dan (July 18, 2013). "RED Brokerage, Van Trust Real Estate bring online shipping company to Kansas City". RE Journals. Archived from the original on 17 March 2014. Retrieved 17 March 2014.