IGM Financial Inc. (TSX: IGM) is one of Canada's leading diversified wealth and asset management companies with $160.7 billion in total assets under management as at March 31, 2019. The company's network of advisors provides a broad range of financial and investment planning services. Its activities are carried out principally through IG Wealth Management, Mackenzie Investments and Investment Planning Counsel.  It is a publicly traded subsidiary of Power Corporation of Canada.
The company was founded in 1926 as Investors Syndicate. It was acquired by Power Financial Corporation, the financial services arm of Power Corporation, in 1986 and changed its name to Investors Group. It merged with Mackenzie in 2001 to form IGM Financial.
The company offers financial planning such as retirement, estate, tax planning, mutual funds and a range of other investment products and financial services. It offers brokerage services through Investors Group Securities Inc. (IGSI), full suite of insurance products, mortgages, and banking.
IG Wealth Management (formerly Investors Group Inc) owns the naming rights to two sports venues located on the University of Manitoba campus in Winnipeg— IG Field, home to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and Manitoba Bisons, and Investors Group Athletic Centre, home to the Bisons basketball and volleyball programs.
IGM owns 100% of (formerly Investors Group Inc), 100% of Mackenzie Financial Corporation and 97.82% of Investment Planning Counsel Inc.
Total assets under management (at year end) have expanded from $101.7 billion in 2008 to $118.7 billion in 2011.
Operating earnings have increased from $766 million in 2008 to $833 million in 2011.
Dividends per share have also increased from $2.00 in 2008 to $2.10 in 2011. In October 2017, It was reported that IGM Financial Inc.(TSE:IGM)’s share price reached 52-week high at $43.05 during trading.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-10-22. Retrieved 2016-04-13.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Company Profile for IGM Financial Inc (CA;IGM)". Retrieved 2008-10-08.
- "Reasons for Selection, 2009 Manitoba's Top 20 Employers Competition".
- "New stadium to be named Investors Group Field".
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-08-16. Retrieved 2013-03-21.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Martinez, Linda (2017-10-04). "IGM Financial Inc. (IGM) Reaches New 52-Week High at $43.05". Marea Informative. Archived from the original on 2017-10-10. Retrieved 2017-10-10.