Paterson GlobalFoods (PGF) is a family-owned international agri-food business. It was established in 1908 as the N. M. Paterson Company.
In 1912, N. M. Paterson built its first elevator at Fort William, with a handling capacity of 75,000 bushels. By 1928 the company, through construction and acquisition, owned 107 line elevators, and had entered the shipping business with the 1926 purchase of eleven steamers from the .
Today, PatersonGlobalFoods operates several divisions in the food industry.