Performance car may refer to one of the following.
A vehicle designed for acceleration or cornering speed, such as the following categories:
- Grand tourer — a luxury performance car designed for high speed and long-distance driving
- Hot hatch — a high-performance version of mass-produced hatchback model
- Muscle car — a large American rear-wheel drive car with a V8 engine
- Sports car — a small, lightweight car designed for handling
- Sports sedan — a high-performance version of a sedan model
- Supercar — an expensive high-end sports car, with hypercars being the most expensive and fastest supercars.
The above categories are subjective, and can be overlaps between categories.
Aston Martin DBS V12- grand tourer
Volkswagen Golf GTI- hot hatch
BMW M5- sports sedan
Ferrari 488 Pista- supercar
Mazda MX-5- sportscar
Pontiac GTO- muscle car