Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America
Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America, Inc. (TEMA) was an automobile manufacturing and research and development company owned by Toyota Motor Company. It was the result of a merger of Toyota Motor Manufacturing North America (TMMNA) and Toyota Technical Center, U.S.A. (TTC) in April 2006, and had its headquarters at the former TMMNA headquarters in Erlanger, Kentucky. In 2014 TEMA announced that it would fold operations into TMNA and move its headquarters to Plano, Texas.
Previously the CEO was based in Torrance, California in the Los Angeles Metropolitan Area. In 2013 the CEO, Osamu "Simon" Nagata, stated that he will begin working in the Toyota Technical Center in York Charter Township, Michigan, near Saline. Nagata was scheduled to move his residence to Novi in Metro Detroit, where he had purchased a house.
TMMNA opened in 1996 and oversaw all Toyota manufacturing concerns in North America. The company employed 1,055 with an annual payroll of $113.1 million.
Toyota factories in North America
- TABC, Inc.
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Alabama
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing de Baja California
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Texas
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing West Virginia
- Freed, Ben. "Toyota's North American CEO moves office to Ann Arbor area technical center" (Archive). The Ann Arbor News. Friday June 28, 2013. Retrieved on September 13, 2014.