Archive Manager can:
- Create and modify archives
- View the content of an archive
- View a file contained in the archive
- Extract files from the archive
Fille-roller does not give the advanced options to compress using different levels of compression via GUI (High, Normal, Low/Fast, etc). This can be set however using dconf-editor, or the old gconf-editor on GNOME 2.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2002-12-11. Retrieved 2016-02-24.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Catanzaro, Michael (25 November 2020). "GNOME 3.38.2 released!". GNOME Mail Services (Mailing list). Retrieved 11 December 2020.
- Petridis, Jordan (26 January 2021). "GNOME 40.alpha Released". GNOME Mail Services (Mailing list). Retrieved 26 January 2021.
- "File Roller makes archiving easy" Techrepublic. Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- "3.4.1. Using File Roller" Centos.org. Retrieved 25 November 2013
- http://fileroller.sourceforge.net/features.html File Roller is only a graphical interface to archiving utilities
- GNOME GitLab: File "supported-mime-types"