JVC Kenwood Corporation (株式会社JVCケンウッド, Kabushiki-gaisha JVC Ken'uddo), stylized as JVC KENWOOD, is a Japanese multinational electronics company headquartered in Yokohama, Japan. It was formed from the merger of Victor Company of Japan, Ltd (JVC) and Kenwood Corporation on October 1, 2008. Upon creation, Haruo Kawahara of Kenwood was the holding company's chairman, while JVC President Kunihiko Sato was the company's president. JVC Kenwood focuses on car and home electronics, wireless systems for the worldwide consumer electronics market, professional broadcast, CCTV and digital and analogue two-way radio equipment and systems.
On October 1, 2008, Victor Company of Japan, Ltd (JVC) and Kenwood agreed to and signed an agreement to integrate their management through the establishment of a joint holding company (stock transfer). The joint holding company was named JVCKenwood Holdings, Inc.
On Monday, May 31, 2010, JVCKenwood announced that it would end camcorder production in Japan by March 2011 and shift production overseas to cut losses.
On August 1, 2011, JVC Kenwood Holdings, Inc. was renamed to JVCKenwood Corporation and an absorption-type merger was finalized for the JVC and Kenwood subsidiaries. The absorption merger ended the separated operation of two companies.
On March 25, 2014, JVCKenwood acquired 100% ownership of EF Johnson Technologies, in order to "increase its P25 North American public safety and professional LMR system market share". EF Johnson became a wholly owned subsidiary.
- EF Johnson Technologies - Multi-band portable radio company
- Victor Entertainment - distributes music, movies, and other entertainment products
- "Corporate Data | Corporate Information | JVCKENWOOD Corporation". Jvckenwood.com. 2008-10-01. Retrieved 2018-01-02.
- "Notice of the Establishment of JVC KENWOOD Holdings, Inc" (PDF). www.jvckenwood.com. Retrieved 4 August 2015.
- http://japantoday.com/category/business/view/jvc-kenwood-to-end-camcorder-production-in-japan[permanent dead link]
- "Notice on Changes Trade Name, Logo, Website URL and E-Mail Address" (PDF). www.jvckenwood.com. Retrieved 4 August 2015.
- "Notice on Merger of JVC KENWOOD and Its Three Subsidiaries" (PDF). www.jvckenwood.com. Retrieved 4 August 2015.
- "Announcement on Completion of Acquisition of North American Professional Wireless Systems Company (Conversion to Subsidiary)" (PDF). www.jvckenwood.com. Retrieved 4 August 2015.
- "Tait Communications to partner with JVCKENWOOD". www.taitradio.com. Retrieved 17 January 2019.