T-FLEX CAD (T-FLEX) is a Parasolid-based parametric CAD software application for 3D solid modeling and 2D design and drafting, developed and sold by Russia-based software company Top Systems. T-FLEX CAD is written for Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, and 7 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems, and is distributed in various languages.
T-FLEX CAD is a full-featured design solution primarily aimed at mechanical engineering. It provides drafting, modeling and assembly tools that enable engineers to develop various products, from single parts to assemblies.
T-FLEX CAD was among the first MCAD (mechanical CAD) systems to bring the power of parametric design into a native Windows environment.
T-FLEX CAD supports a unified mode of operations for all types of documents and entities: drawings, assembly drawings, solids, surfaces, parts, parts with multiple solid bodies, assembly models, sheet metal, bill of materials, etc.
T-FLEX CAD provides parametric, adaptive and technology aimed at family-of-parts manufacturers or other design situations that use similar geometry but require many different sizes or permutations. Entities and their parameters in T-FLEX CAD can be related to each other. Variables can be assigned for component names, visibility, material, any numeric or text attribute of any entity. They can then be processed with algebraic or logical expression to control the behavior of the design.
In addition to parametric 3D modeling T-FLEX CAD supports parametric 2D drawings creation from scratch. Parametric 2D assemblies can be created as well by inserting parametric 2D components. The result can be fully automatic, so that a master parametric drawing does not require editing as changes are required.
- T-FLEX CAM – CAM application.
- T-FLEX Analysis – Finite element analysis CAE application.
- T-FLEX Dynamics - general-purpose motion simulation application for studying the physics-based motion behavior of a CAD design.
- T-FLEX DOCs - SQL based EDM/PDM software.
- "Parasolid Customers". Siemens PLM Software. Retrieved 2008-03-13.
- "Parametric CAD Provides 20 Iterations In 30 Minutes To Solve Difficult Design Problem". Modern Machine Shop Online. Gardner Publications, Inc. Archived from the original on 2006-11-15. Retrieved 2008-03-13.
- Toupin, Laurie Ann (October 1999). "Homegrown CAD software fuels Russian cars". Design News. Retrieved 2008-03-13.