|1997 Australian Touring Car Championship|
The 1997 Australian Touring Car Championship was a CAMS sanctioned Australian motor racing title open to 5.0 Litre Touring Cars  complying with Group 3A regulations. The championship, which was the 38th Australian Touring Car Championship, began on 15 March at Calder Park Raceway and ended on 3 August at Oran Park Raceway after 10 rounds.
Teams and drivers
The following teams and drivers competed in the 1997 Australian Touring Car Championship.
The championship was contested over ten rounds with three races per round.
Championship points were awarded on a 30–26–24–22–20–18–16–14–12–10–8–6–4–2–1 basis to the top 15 finishers in each race.
|1||John Faulkner||Holden VS Commodore|
|2||Mark Poole||Holden VS Commodore|
|3||Terry Finnigan||Holden VS Commodore|
|4||Darren Hossack||Holden VS Commodore|
|5||Trevor Ashby||Holden VS Commodore|
Note: Only the top five positions are shown.
- Australian Title Conditions, 1997 CAMS Manual of Motor Sport, pages 7–9 to 7–10
- Racing, 1997 CAMS Manual of Motor Sport, page 7-1
- Records, Titles and Awards, 2002 CAMS Manual of Motor Sport, page 14-7
- V8 Supercars – 1997 Review, Chevron Publishing Group, 1997
- Official Programme, Shell Australian Touring Car Championship, Round 9, 13 July 1997
- Graham Howard, 1997 ATCC, Stewart Wilson & David Greenhalgh, The official history – Australian Touring Car Championship – 50 Years, 2011, page 371
- Motor Racing Australia, Jan/Feb 1998, page 63
- Points to make, Official Programme, Shell Australian Touring Car Championship, Round 9, Mallala, 13 July 1997
- Jason Parker, Private Faulkner – Privateers' Cup, V8 Supercars – 1997 Review, Chevron Publishing Group, 1997, pages 80 to 83