|2010 Fujitsu V8 Supercar Series|
The 2010 Fujitsu V8 Supercars Series was an Australian motor racing competition for V8 Supercars. It was the eleventh running of the V8 Supercar Development series. The series supported the 2010 V8 Supercar Championship Series, beginning on 11 March at the Clipsal 500 and ending on 5 December at the Sydney 500 after seven rounds.
Steve Owen won the series with a race in hand with victory in the first race at the 2010 Sydney Telstra 500. Owen, driving a Holden VE Commodore for Greg Murphy Racing placed in the top three in six of the seven rounds held, including round wins at the Adelaide, Queensland, Sandown and Sydney rounds, achieving eight race wins in total. It was the first time a Greg Murphy Racing driver had won the series.
Second place was attained by Tim Blanchard, driving a Ford BF Falcon for Sonic Motor Racing Services. He held onto a gap of 47 points over James Moffat. Walkinshaw Performance driver Nick Percat finished fourth, 27 behind Moffat and 9 ahead of MW Motorsport driver David Russell, who fell from third in the series with poor finishes in Sydney.
David Russell took victory at the Bathurst 1000 support round with two race victories, as well as scoring addition race wins at Winton and Sandown. Tim Blanchard, won the Townsville round, also winning his first Fujitsu Series race. Other race wins were mostly claimed by guest drivers making brief appearances in the series ahead of endurance co-driving roles in the Phillip Island 500K and Bathurst 1000 races, with wins being taken by Cameron McConville (2), Paul Morris and Jack Perkins. Taz Douglas took the remaining race win, the reverse grid race at Sandown.
The 2010 Fujitsu V8 Supercar Series consisted of seven rounds:
|1||Clipsal 500||Adelaide Street Circuit||Adelaide, South Australia||11–14 March||Steve Owen|
|2||City of Ipswich 300||Queensland Raceway||Ipswich, Queensland||30 April-2 May||Steve Owen|
|3||Winton||Winton Motor Raceway||Benalla, Victoria||14–16 May||Cameron McConville|
|4||Sucrogen Townsville 400||Townsville Street Circuit||Townsville, Queensland||9–11 July||Tim Blanchard|
|5||Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000||Mount Panorama Circuit||Bathurst, New South Wales||7–10 October||David Russell|
|6||Norton 360 Sandown Challenge||Sandown Raceway||Melbourne, Victoria||19–21 November||Steve Owen|
|7||Sydney Telstra 500||Homebush Street Circuit||Sydney, New South Wales||3–5 December||Steve Owen|
Teams and drivers
The following teams and drivers competed in the 2010 Fujitsu V8 Supercar Series.
^1 – Paul Morris was a last minute entry in Round 1 in the #66 car after the regular driver Phill Foster failed to qualify.
Points were awarded only to drivers who completed 75% of race distance and were running on the completion of the final lap. Points were awarded on the following basis.
|Rounds 1, 5 & 7
|Rounds 2–4 & 6
Races 1 & 3
|Rounds 2–4 & 6
- "2010 Fujitsu Series Event Calendar". Official website of the Australian V8 Supercar Championship Series. Archived from the original on 29 March 2010. Retrieved 9 March 2010.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 February 2011. Retrieved 12 March 2010.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Adelaide Parklands Circuit 14/03/2010 2010 Clipsal 500 Adelaide". National Software. 14 March 2010. Archived from the original on 3 April 2010. Retrieved 14 March 2010.
- "Queensland Raceway Ipswich 02/05/2010 Ipswich 300 – 2010 V8 Supercar Championship Series-Race 9&10". National Software. 2 May 2010. Retrieved 4 May 2010.
- "Winton Motor Raceway 16/05/2010 2010 V8 Supercar Championship Series – Races 11 & 12". National Software. 16 May 2010. Archived from the original on 20 May 2010. Retrieved 16 May 2010.
- "Townsville Street Circuit 11/07/2010 Sucrogen Townsville 400-V8 Supercar Championship Races 15&16". National Software. 11 July 2010. Retrieved 11 July 2010.
- "Mount Panorama – Bathurst 10/10/2010 Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 – V8 Supercar Championship Race 18". natsoft.com.au. National Software. 8 October 2010. Retrieved 8 October 2010.
- "Sandown International Motor Raceway 21/11/2010 Norton 360 Sandown Challenge-2010 V8 Supercars Races 23 & 24". natsoft.com.au. National Software. 21 November 2010. Retrieved 25 November 2010.
- "Sydney Olympic Park Street Circuit 05/12/2010 Sydney Telstra 500 – 2010 V8 Supercars Races 25 & 26". natsoft.com.au. National Software. 5 December 2010. Retrieved 5 December 2010.
- Main Men in a Private World, The Speedcafe Annual – Australian Motorsport – Number 6/2010, pages 58 to 62