The 2017 Coates Hire Newcastle 500 was a motor racing event for the Supercars Championship, held on the weekend of 24 to 26 November 2017. The event was held on the Newcastle Street Circuit in Newcastle East, New South Wales and consisted of two races, 250 kilometres in length. It was the fourteenth and final event in the 2017 Supercars Championship and hosted Races 25 and 26 of the season.
Five drivers came into the final event of the series with a mathematical chance of securing the title, the highest number since 2005.
Jamie Whincup leads the championship on 2850 points, 30 points ahead of Scott McLaughlin. McLaughlin's team-mate Fabian Coulthard sits third, 176 points behind Whincup. Chaz Mostert and Shane van Gisbergen are the other two drivers with a chance, however they are 264 and 276 points behind respectively.
|Practice 1||Friday||88||Jamie Whincup||Triple Eight Race Engineering||Holden VF Commodore||1:10.1577|
|Practice 2||Friday||17||Scott McLaughlin||DJR Team Penske||Ford FG X Falcon||1:09.5949|
Top 10 Shootout
|1||17||Scott McLaughlin||DJR Team Penske||Ford FG X Falcon||1:10.5211|
|2||97||Shane van Gisbergen||Triple Eight Race Engineering||Holden VF Commodore||1:10.5502||+0.0290|
|3||9||David Reynolds||Erebus Motorsport||Holden VF Commodore||1:10.6765||+0.1554|
|4||5||Mark Winterbottom||Prodrive Racing Australia||Ford FG X Falcon||1:10.8429||+0.3217|
|5||88||Jamie Whincup||Triple Eight Race Engineering||Holden VF Commodore||1:10.8665||+0.3453|
|6||15||Rick Kelly||Nissan Motorsport||Nissan L33 Altima||1:10.9438||+0.4226|
|7||23||Michael Caruso||Nissan Motorsport||Nissan L33 Altima||1:11.0045||+0.4834|
|8||12||Fabian Coulthard||DJR Team Penske||Ford FG X Falcon||1:11.0174||+0.4963|
|9||55||Chaz Mostert||Rod Nash Racing||Ford FG X Falcon||1:11.3532||+0.8320|
|10||7||Todd Kelly||Nissan Motorsport||Nissan L33 Altima||1:11.8448||+1.3236|
Standings after the event
- Note: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings.
- "2017 Coates Hire Newcastle 500 Schedule & Results". Supercars.com. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- "Axe falls on Sydney Olympic Park street race". Speedcafe.com. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- "Practice 1". Supercars.com. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- "Practice 2". Supercars.com. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- "Race 25 Qualifying". Supercars.com. Retrieved 25 January 2018.
- "Race 25". Supercars.com. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- "Race 26 Qualifying". Supercars.com. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- "Race 26 Top Ten Shootout". Supercars.com. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- "Race 26". Supercars.com. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
2017 ITM Auckland SuperSprint
|2017 Supercars Championship||Next race:|
2018 Adelaide 500
|Newcastle 500||Next year:|
2018 Newcastle 500