The Speedway Great Britain (SGB) Premiership is the top division of speedway league competition in the United Kingdom, governed by the Speedway Control Bureau (SCB) in conjunction with the British Speedway Promoters' Association (BSPA). It was introduced for 2017 following a restructuring of British speedway.
The league contains nine teams who meet each other twice at home and twice away. The top four teams at the end of the regular season go into playoffs to decide the champions.
Unlike the previous leagues, there is relegation and promotion between the Premiership and the new second tier, the SGB Championship, with the bottom team from the Premiership going into a playoff with the Championship winners.
At the start of the season, teams are built up to a maximum points limit. The combined Calculated Match Average (CMA) of the riders declared in the team must not be higher than an agreed figure set at the British Speedway Promoters' Association (BSPA) Annual General Meeting. For example, for the 2017 season, the total was not to be higher than 50.
Teams no longer participating in the league are not included on the graph. When a team's figure rises from zero, that indicates having moved up to the Premiership after the previous season
|2017||Swindon Robins||Wolverhampton Wolves||Belle Vue Aces / Poole Pirates|
|2018||Poole Pirates||King's Lynn Stars||Belle Vue Aces / Somerset Rebels|
|2019||Swindon Robins||Ipswich Witches||Poole Pirates / Wolverhampton Wolves|
|2020||Cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.|
- "NEW TV DEAL FOR BRITISH SPEEDWAY". SpeedwayGB. Retrieved December 30, 2019.
- "British Speedway Gets Major Revamp", speedwaygb.co, 3 November 2016. Retrieved 3 November 2016
- "British Speedway set for big revamp with promotion and relegation", Sky Sports, 3 November 2016. Retrieved 4 November 2016
- "Speedway: Promotion and relegation introduced to revamped competition", BBC, 3 November 2016. Retrieved 4 November 2016
- Elite League 2013 Table
- Elite League 2014 Table
- Elite League 2015 Table
- Elite League 2016 Table
- Premiership 2017 Table
- Premiership 2018 Table
- Premiership 2019 Table
- "Official Statement". Speedway GB. 21 July 2020. Retrieved 22 July 2020.