The Sheffield 'Window Centre' Tigers are a speedway team based in Sheffield, England. They currently race in the British SGB Premiership, and their home meetings take place at Owlerton Stadium. The Tigers traditionally hold their race nights on Thursdays between March and October. The Tigers are sponsored by the , promoted by Damien Bates, Peter Mole and Julie Reading.
Owlerton was a purpose built speedway track built in 1929. It operated for most of the pre-war years and re-opened for a short spell in 1945. The team operated in the Northern League of 1946 and in the National League Division Two between 1947 and 50. It closed part way through 1951 and staged open meetings in 1952. The track re-opened in 1960 and has operated most seasons since then. The team has been known as The Tigers apart from part of 1950 when they were known as The Tars. The Tigers alltime leading point scorer is Sean Wilson with 4246 points and the record appearance maker is Reg Wilson with 470 appearances. Their official track record holder is former captain and No.1 Ricky Ashworth with a time of 59.1 seconds.
Sadly due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) the 2020 season did not take place.
- British Championship League SGB Championship Winners 2017
- British Championship Pairs SGB Championship Winners 2017 (Kyle Howarth & Lasse Bjerre), 2018 (Kyle Howarth and Charles Wright)
- British Speedway Cup (Division 2) - 1947
- British League Knockout Cup winners - 1974
- Premier League Four-Team Championship winners - 1999 (Wilson, Smith, Compton, Stead), 2000 (Wilson, Stead, Kessler, Lee)
- Premier League Play off winners - 1999, 2002
- Premier League winners - 1999, 2002
- Conference League Champions - 2000, 2001
- Premier Trophy winners - 2001
- Premier League Riders Championship winners - Sam Ermolenko (1996), Sean Wilson (1999, 2003, 2005), Andre Compton (2004), Ricky Ashworth (2009), Simon Stead (2014, 2016).
- Premier League Pairs winners - Ricky Ashworth & Josh Auty 2010
Notable former riders
- Jim Airey
- Tommy Allott
- Ricky Ashworth
- Josh Auty
- Billy Bales
- Cyril "Squib" Burton
- Les Collins
- Neil Collins
- Andre Compton
- John Dews
- Aleš Dryml Sr.
- Sam Ermolenko
- Neil Evitts
- Carl Glover
- Lars Gunnestad
- Steve Johnston
- Robbie Kessler
- Bengt Larsson
- Kelly Moran
- Shawn Moran
- Shane Parker
- Jan O. Pedersen
- Garry Stead
- Simon Stead
- Carl Stonehewer
- Len Williams
- Stan Williams
- Reg Wilson
- Sean Wilson
- Tai Woffinden
- Mirko Wolter
- Doug Wyer
Scotland Bert Harkins
- "Potters Will Get Respect". Sheffield Tigers. 18 April 2007. Retrieved 10 November 2010.
- Bamford, Robert (1 March 2007). Tempus Speedway Yearbook 2007. NPI Media Group. ISBN 0-7524-4250-3.
- "Hungry Tigers edge first leg of Play-Offs". Sheffield Star. 15 October 2010. Retrieved 11 November 2010.
- Oakes, P (2006). Speedway Star Almanac. Pinegen Ltd. ISBN 0-9552376-1-0.