Súper TC 2000
Prior to 2012, engines of up to 2000 cc were allowed, with only limited modifications from standard engines. This was both to reduce running costs, and give a level playing field to every team. Variable valve timing, variable intake geometry, anti-lock braking systems and traction control are all forbidden.
From the 2012 season, Radical Performance Engines will provide 2.7 litre RPE TCX V8 engines (a front-wheel-drive variant of the RPX, originally found in the Radical SR8), capable of producing 430 hp, in place of the previous 2 litre engines. The series was renamed to Súper TC 2000. Meanwhile, cars with the old regulation continue competing as a second-tier championship with the name TC 2000, currently with an independent calendar.
Súper TC 2000 teams
2019 works teams:
- Chevrolet YPF Pro Racing - Chevrolet Cruze
- Honda Racing STC 2000 - Honda Civic
- Toyota Gazoo Racing YPF Infinia - Toyota Corolla
- Renault Sport - Renault Fluence
- Scuderia Fiat - Fiat Tipo
- Citroën Total Racing - Citroën C4