Magna

Posted 1 year ago

 Magna /  Western Australia / 77 views

Posted 1 year ago

Continental Coupe under restoration

 Magna /  South Australia / 63 views

Posted 1 year ago

 Magna /  South Australia / 63 views

Posted 1 year ago

History: This car was delivered in chassis form in 1933 and was immediately prepared for a career in racing. It was entered in the 1934 AGP by J Summers but crashed out on lap 14. Later in the year he had much better success in the Phillip Island Winter 100...

 Magna /  Queensland / 65 views

Posted 1 year ago

Modifications/Restoration Supercharged, ENV preselector gearbox, 2 seater aluminium body. Hydraulic brakes.  Building of car in current configuration was commenced & substantially completed by John Butterfield. It was John's intention to have a fast road/ racing M.G. Car and engine has been rebuilt in Brisbane, (principally by Joe Wilson and Park...

 Magna /  Australia / 64 views

Posted 1 year ago

 Magna /  Victoria / 60 views

Posted 1 year ago

 Magna /  Victoria / 52 views

Posted 1 year ago

History: L0658 was delivered by Lanes Motors in 1933 to a V. Maloney and from then until the 1960s very little is known. The only information is that it was raced extensively and at one stage had a bronze head fitted.  The motor was taken out for use in a...

 Magna /  Victoria / 63 views

Posted 1 year ago

 Magna /  Victoria / 65 views

Posted 1 year ago

History: Originally fitted with a coupe body which it lost before coming to Australia, Pat Carr purchased the L0617 chassis in 1936.  His Fremantle Shack Motors fitted a 2 seater using original wings etc.  Carr competed in support races for the “Round the Houses” events staged at Albany, Pingelly, Bunbury...

 Magna /  Victoria / 59 views

Posted 1 year ago

History: This car was manufactured on 5th October 1933 and shipped as a rolling chassis to Lanes Motors on the Orsova. It was transferred to Brittania Motors who sold it to 36093 Kennard on 23 November 1933 and it was registered Vic 36093. A close coupled  four-seater body was built...

 Magna /  Victoria / 63 views

Posted 1 year ago

Owned by: Gary Grant, Geelong, Victoria 1934 WINTER HUNDRED WINNER.  History: Written by Tony Sloan This Magna was supplied to Les Jennings via Lanes Motors in early November 1933. The car was not even in rolling chassis form with many parts contained in hessian bags. The engine supplied with this car...

 Magna /  Victoria / 70 views

Posted 1 year ago

History: TBA After a nut and bolt restoration L0532 won the prestigious 2012 Victorian Concours.  

 Magna /  Victoria / 56 views

Posted 1 year ago

History: My father Peter owns the mg magna L type number 0481. I was visiting your site and noticed there is no picture of it so I’ve attached one for you to put up if possible. The vehicle is still located in East Gippsland where it has been since we...

 Magna /  Victoria / 65 views

Posted 1 year ago

 Magna /  Victoria / 59 views

Posted 1 year ago

History: John acquired his L type in 1978 in England from Barry Walker.   It was fairly complete but very rough, apparently not having been used since 1974.  Originally bought so as to accommodate 2 little girls (now nearly 30).  The body restoration was faithfully completed by John Pagnussat of Adelaide....

 Magna /  Victoria / 56 views

Posted 1 year ago

 Magna /  Victoria / 72 views

Posted 1 year ago

 Magna /  New South Wales / 58 views

Posted 1 year ago

History: Rob bought the car (or pile of bits as it was then) from a fellow naval officer in 1980. He had purchased it in the UK whilst undergoing submarine training and brought the bits back to Australia on his return. Rob restored the car over the next four years...

 Magna /  New South Wales / 71 views

Posted 1 year ago

 Magna /  Western Australia / 77 views

Posted 1 year ago

Information / History: Now being restored.

 Magna /  Western Australia / 116 views

Posted 1 year ago

 Magna /  South Australia / 100 views

Posted 1 year ago

History: F0546 was manufactured on 5 January 1932 and delivered to University Motors where it was fitted with a Carlton Coupe body. It was purchased on 16 February 1932 by David Pittendrigh while he was visiting England and exported to Australia. It was registered Vic 36-363. Pittendrigh had a racing body built and had a...

 Magna /  South Australia / 72 views

Posted 1 year ago

Information / History: Arrived in Australia in November 1932 as a rolling chassis and was fitted with an Aspinall body. It was first registered on 19 December 1932. It was raced by Les Jennings (who worked for Lanes Motors) in the early part of 1933 culminating in third place at the Australian Grand...

 Magna /  Victoria / 91 views

Posted 1 year ago

Information / History F1316 is one of two rolling chassis imported by Lanes Motors in 1931 and delivered to Charles Aspinall in Melbourne for bodying as a four seater fabric bodied sports car. The car carries trade mark Aspinall windscreen and hood bows sourced from American body parts of the...

 Magna /  Victoria / 87 views

Posted 1 year ago

History: This car was initially purchased by a Mr. Sherrin Esq. London through University Motors on 2 June 1932 and was in F1, 4-seater configuration. In recent times the car was rebuilt to F2 configuration by Mr. Tony Mowbray, Nottingham UK. Some mechanical work was completed by Mr. Barry Dean...

 Magna /  Victoria / 88 views

Posted 1 year ago

History: F1048 was purchased by Bill Leech in the UK during the 1970s and brought to Melbourne. Bill drove it regularly in a variety of events and found it more comfortable to drive than some of his more exotic vehicles. When Bill died and the estate was finalized MG Workshops...

 Magna /  Victoria / 110 views

Posted 1 year ago

History: Manufactured 2/12/1931 Little early history is known of this car except that it started life as a Sliding Roof Foursome Salonette. Records show it was registered in the UK in the name of J C Thurburn 8/1932. Peter Auld of Adelaide owned the car in the late fifties and...

 Magna /  Victoria / 65 views

Posted 1 year ago

 Magna /  Capital Territory / 81 views

Posted 1 year ago

History: F0525 was ordered from Cookes Motors in High Street, Sutton, Surrey, by Mr P.G.A. Smith in January 1932.  It was black with brown upholstery and carried the number plate PJ 2572.  Within a month it was back at the factory with 1200 miles on the clock to be decoked...

 Magna /  Capital Territory / 88 views

Page 1 of 2