Autódromo Termas de Río Hondo is a motorsport circuit located in Termas de Río Hondo, Argentina. The circuit was opened in 2008 and underwent a complete overhaul and rebuild process in 2012, based on design by the Italian circuit designer Jarno Zaffelli.
The circuit hosted the third round of the Grand Prix motorcycle racing season in 2014 and 2015, bringing Grand Prix motorcycle racing back to Argentina after fifteen years. In 2013, the circuit also hosted Rounds 15 and 16 of the FIA WTCC Race of Argentina of the World Touring Car Championship, and the first MotoGP and Moto2 official tests. The track was to host the Argentine motorcycle Grand Prix in 2013, but the government's nationalisation of the local subsidiary of Repsol S.A., and the ensuing cancellation of gas exports to Argentina raised concerns for the safety of the Honda MotoGP team that is sponsored by the Spanish oil company, forcing a one-year postponement. In previous years, the circuit has also hosted events in the TC2000, Turismo Carretera and Formula Renault series. On February 6, 2021, the circuit's pit buildings were destroyed due to a fire. No human victims were reported.
- April: MotoGP Argentine motorcycle Grand Prix
- May: Turismo Carretera, Cordoba Pista
- June: TC2000, TC 2000 Series, Formula Renault Argentina
- July: Turismo Nacional
- August: TCR South America Touring Car Championship, Turismo Pista, Porsche Cup Brasil
- September: Cordoba Pista
- Top Race V6 (2009–2011, 2013–2016)
- World Touring Car Championship FIA WTCC Race of Argentina (2013–2017)
Grand Prix motorcycle racing
|# Wins||Rider||Years won|
|3||Marc Márquez||2014, 2016, 2019|
|2||Johann Zarco||2015, 2016|
Qualifying lap records
The qualifying lap records at the Autódromo Termas de Río Hondo are listed as:
|Grand Prix Circuit: 4.805 km (2013–present)|
|MotoGP||1:37.683||Honda RC213V||2014 Argentine motorcycle Grand Prix|
|Carrera Cup||1:42.063||Porsche 992 GT3 Cup||2022 Termas de Rio Hondo Porsche Cup Brasil round|
|Súper TC 2000||1:42.366||Chevrolet Cruze||2017 Termas de Rio Hondo Súper TC 2000 round|
|Moto2||1:42.726||Kalex Moto2||2019 Argentine motorcycle Grand Prix|
|WTCC||1:43.766||Citroën C-Elysée WTCC||2014 FIA WTCC Race of Argentina|
|TC2000||1:45.336||Chevrolet Cruze TC2000||2013 Termas de Rio Hondo Súper TC 2000 round|
|Turismo Carretera||1:46.865||Ford Falcon||2014 Termas de Rio Hondo Turismo Carretera round|
|Moto3||1:48.429||GasGas RC250GP||2022 Argentine motorcycle Grand Prix|
|Formula Renault Argentina||1:50.483||Tito F4-A||2013 Termas de Río Hondo Formula Renault Argentina round|
|Grand Prix Circuit: 4.351 km (2008–2012)|
|Turismo Carretera||1:32.318||Chevrolet Chevy||2012 Termas de Río Hondo Turismo Carretera round|
Race lap records
The official race lap records at the Autódromo Termas de Río Hondo are listed as:
- Autódromo Termas de Río Hondo's Grade 2 licence expired 17 July 2019.
- "Unlocking the mysteries of Termas de Rio Hondo: An Interview with Jarno Zaffelli". Sportskeeda. 24 April 2014. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- "2014 Calendar". MotoGP.com. Dorna Sports. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/termas+de+rio+hondo+statement MotoGP in Termas de Rio Hondo
- "2014 MotoGP Schedule Announced: Laguna Seca Dropped". Fox Sports. October 2, 2013. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- "MotoGP to return to Argentina in 2013". MotoGP.com. Dorna Sports. 13 September 2011. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- "Officially Confirmed: Argentina MotoGP Round Postponed Until 2014, Qatar A Week Later". 23 November 2012. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- "MotoGP Argentina Grand Prix Venue Goes up in Flames".
- "Fecha 05/Termas de Río Hondo". Retrieved 23 April 2022.
- "/ FECHA 04/Termas de Río Hondo". Retrieved 3 May 2022.
- "TC / Circuitos / Termas de Río Hondo - Largo". Retrieved 3 May 2022.
- "2017 World Touring Car Championship Race Of Argentina Statistics". Retrieved 2 April 2022.
- "TC / RESULTADOS / 2015 / TERMAS DE RÍO HONDO A (CARRERA 7 DE 16)". Retrieved 3 May 2022.
- "2022 TCR South America - Termas de Río Hondo - Final" (PDF). Retrieved 28 August 2022.
- "TC / RESULTADOS / 2018 / TERMAS DE RÍO HONDO (CARRERA 7 DE 15)". Retrieved 3 May 2022.
- "2010 Turismo Competición 2000 Termas de Rio Hondo". Retrieved 12 July 2022.
- "TC / RESULTADOS / 2010 / GP TERMAS DE RIO HONDO (CARRERA 5 DE 16)". Retrieved 3 May 2022.
Media related to Autódromo Termas de Río Hondo at Wikimedia Commons