The 2016 Supercars Dunlop Series was an Australian motor racing competition for Supercars, staged as a support series to the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship. It was the seventeenth annual Supercars Development Series and the fifth to be contested under the "Dunlop Series" name. The season was also the first in which Holden VF Commodores and Ford FG X Falcons built to 'Car of the Future' specifications are eligible for the series, racing alongside previous generation VE Commodore and FG Falcon models.
Teams and drivers
The following teams and drivers competed in the series.
The 2016 calendar was released on 29 October 2015.
Points were awarded in each race as follows.
Bold - Pole position
- "Dunlop Series opener draws 27 entries". Speedcafe. 2 March 2016.
- "Chelsea Angelo set for Dunlop Series return". Speedcafe.com. 9 September 2016. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "Douglas joins Eggleston for Phillip Island". Speedcafe.com. 11 April 2016. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- "Jack Smith makes his Dunlop Series debut at Bathurst". v8superfans.co.nz. 3 October 2016. Archived from the original on 3 October 2016. Retrieved 3 October 2016.
- "Dunlop Series returns to Phillip Island, Sandown". Speedcafe. 29 October 2015. Retrieved 2 March 2016.