23Red Racing was an Australian motor racing team that competed in the Supercars Championship. It fielded a single Tickford Racing-run Ford, driven by Will Davison. The team had also competed in the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Australia and planned to compete in the Super2 Series.
Background and founding
Phil Munday has an extensive history in the panel industry with national stores across Australia and New Zealand, as well as being involved in various motor racing sponsorships. In 2017, Munday purchased a 60% stake of Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport with Lucas Dumbrell retaining 40%. The team was launched at the season-ending 2017 Coates Hire Newcastle 500. In April 2018, Munday bought out the remaining 40% of the team.
23Red Racing signed two-time Bathurst 1000 winner Will Davison as their inaugural driver, with title sponsorship from Milwaukee Tools. The team had a solid start to the 2018 Supercars Championship, with four top ten finishes for Davison in the first ten races. Davison finished 15th in the championship.
For 2019, 23Red Racing moved from being an independent operation to being run as a customer entry from the Tickford Racing stable, using the new Ford Mustang. The team took its first podium finish at the Ipswich SuperSprint, followed by another podium at The Bend SuperSprint.
GT3 Cup Challenge
Having contested the opening round of the 2020 Supercars Championship, the economic impact of the following COVID-19 pandemic led to the withdrawal of Milwaukee Tools and the financial collapse of the team in May 2020.
Supercars Championship drivers
The following is a list of drivers who drove for the team in Supercars, in order of their first appearance. Drivers who only drove for the team on a part-time basis are listed in italics.
Complete Bathurst 1000 results
|2018||230||Ford Falcon FG X|| Will Davison
|2019||23||Ford Mustang Mk.6|| Will Davison
- "23Red Racing launched in 2017 | Supercars". Supercars.com. Retrieved 25 November 2017.
- Bartholomaeus, Stefan (3 September 2018). "23Red sticking with single car for 2019". Supercars.com. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
- Bartholomaeus, Stefan (29 April 2018). "Dumbrell sells stake in 23Red Racing". Supercars.com. Retrieved 29 April 2018.
- van Leeuwen, Andrew (7 December 2017). "Sponsor and livery locked in for 23Red Racing". Motorsport.com. Retrieved 30 April 2018.
- Coch, Mat (24 April 2018). "23Red Racing bosses believe top five is within reach". Speedcafe. Retrieved 29 April 2018.
- "23Red Confirms 2019 Tickford Deal". The V8 Sleuth. 30 November 2018. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
- Bartholomaeus, Stefan (27 July 2019). "Davison's 1,000 day wait for podium return". Supercars. Retrieved 8 September 2019.
- "23Red Racing confirms Supercars exit". Speedcafe. 15 May 2020.