As the son of long-time Sports Sedan racer and 2009 Kerrick Sports Sedan Series winner Des Wall, he started in sedan cars rather the conventional formula cars.
His mainstay has been sports car racing, particularly Porsches. He has won the Australian GT Championship twice in 2009 and 2010 driving a Porsche 911 GT3 Cup S Type 997 as well as competed in the Australian Carrera Cup Championship. He has also won the Australian Tourist Trophy in 2009 and 2010.
In 2009, he followed his father into V8 Supercars competing in the long-distance races and in 2011 doing a full season in the Fujitsu V8 Supercar Series. His first preference was to join the series full-time in 2012 and this was accommodated by Brad Jones Racing by signing Wall for the full 2012 season with backing from Wilson Security.
Wall contested the 2014 V8 Supercars Championship in a Dick Johnson Racing entered Ford Falcon (FG). In 2015 Wall joined Garry Rogers Motorsport, replacing Robert Dahlgren. It marked Wall's third team in four seasons of V8 Supercars racing.
Supercars Championship results
Complete Bathurst 1000 results
|2009||Paul Cruickshank Racing||Ford Falcon (FG)||Leanne Tander||18th||160|
|2010||Britek Motorsport||Holden Commodore (VE)||Karl Reindler||15th||161|
|2011||Britek Motorsport||Holden Commodore (VE)||Karl Reindler||14th||161|
|2012||Britek Motorsport||Holden Commodore (VE)||Chris Pither||14th||161|
|2013||Britek Motorsport||Holden Commodore (VF)||Chris Pither||22nd||156|
|2014||Dick Johnson Racing||Ford Falcon (FG)||Steven Johnson||DNF||64|
|2015||Garry Rogers Motorsport||Volvo S60 Mk.2||Chris Pither||DNF||15|
|2016||Garry Rogers Motorsport||Volvo S60 Mk.2||Scott McLaughlin||15th||159|
|2017||Nissan Motorsport||Nissan Altima L33||Rick Kelly||13th||159|
|2021||Brad Jones Racing||Holden Commodore ZB||Jack Smith||17th||161|
- http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?10/02/2008.MOUN.R11 2008 Bathurst 12 Hour Results - Natsoft 2008
- http://www.speedcafe.com/2011/01/22/david-wall-to-make-fujitsu-series-debut/ Speedcafe 22 January 2011
- http://www.speedcafe.com/2011/10/31/david-wall-eyes-2012-main-series-berth/ Speedcafe 31 October 2011
- http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/01/18/wall-wilson-security-confirmed-at-bjr/ Speedcafe 18 January 2012
- http://velocityemag.com/wall-looking-long-term Archived 4 April 2015 at the Wayback Machine Velocity Magazine 4 March 2015