SVW / Posted 2 years ago / 120 views
Information / History:
This car was completed at the MG factory in Abingdon, England in December 1936 with originally a black paint scheme. After completion, it was dispatched to Lanes Motors of Melbourne. One of only 23 to be imported new to Australia, it arrived in March 1937. After being sold new, it is believed to have subsequently been in Tasmania. At some time it was moved to South Australia where it was registered up until 1977. From here, it then made its way to Perth, Western Australia where a restoration was begun around 1990. Prior to completion, the car sold to a new owner in Northam, Western Australia in March 2003 who resprayed the car in its present Navy Blue/Maroon colour scheme & had the interior retrimmed.
Purchased in June 2015, the car was then transported to Sydney where final detail work to bring the car back to factory spec. (including a complete original toolkit) saw the car finally reregistered and back on the road in August 2015.