L type 0658
Magna / / 469 views
Current Owner: Georg Leitl, Victoria
History: L0658 was delivered by Lanes Motors in 1933 to a V. Maloney and from then until the 1960s very little is known. The only information is that it was raced extensively and at one stage had a bronze head fitted. The motor was taken out for use in a speedboat which subsequently sunk on the Murray.
Peter De Mack in Adelaide owned the car in the 1960s when it was fitted with an extremely modified Jeep motor and a shortened chassis. The car then passed to Peter Coombe in 1967 without motor and he fitted a TC unit.
Peter sold the car to Reg O’Malley in 1986 and it languished until purchased by Georg Leitl in the 1990s when restoration began in earnest. It was returned to full L2 configuration and fitted with an N Type motor and was back on the road in 1999.