Roehl Transport is an American trucking company based in Marshfield, Wisconsin. The company provides national transportation and logistics services and is one of the largest trucking companies in America, ranked 66th by Transport Topics. The company has over 2,460 employees, 1,966 tractor trailers and 4,902 trailers and is ranked by CCJ Magazine in the top 60 trucking companies in the United States. The company has major terminal operations in Marshfield and Appleton Wisconsin, the Chicago Illinois area, Atlanta Georgia, Dallas Texas and Phoenix Arizona.
Everett Roehl started Roehl Transport in 1962 with a single truck. The company provides on the job training to recent CDL school graduates and has done so since the late 1980s. The Roehl Transport CDL School was a certified truck driving school located next to Roehl Transport that has since become the Get Your CDL Program. In 2015, Roehl became the first major carrier to hire, train and pay CDL candidates as employees in the Get Your CDL Program.
The company is led by CEO Rick Roehl. Rick maintains his CDL and still delivers loads to customers as a way to stay close to the work of truck drivers. He is the only CEO of a major trucking company to do this. The company created the Roehl Way of Protective Driving, which uses the Safe 7 driving techniques. The safe seven driving techniques are: Slow Down!, Stay Back!, Know What's Happening, Yield to Others, Expect the Expected, Prepare to Drive, Reduce the Risk.
In 2010, CCJ featured the company's Roehl Way of Protective Driving as an Innovator.
In 2014, the ATA awarded Roehl several additional safety awards.
The company has been honored with multiple EPA SmartWay Awards for environmental performance and leadership.
The company has been named Military Friendly from the publishers of GI Jobs and Military Spouse magazines every year since 2014, most recently achieving a top 4 ranking.
- "The Top 100 List: 2014 For-Hire Carrier Rankings". Transport Topics. 14 July 2014.
- "The CCJ Top 250 Report". 20 July 2011.
- "Roehl Transport Locations". Roehl.Jobs. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "Representative John Spiros". docs.legis.wisconsin.gov.
- "Spiros defeats Stencil to retain Assembly seat".
- "About Roehl Transport". Roehl.Jobs. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "Inexperienced Truck Driving Jobs". Roehl.Jobs. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "Roehl Transport Truck Driving School - Company-Sponsored CDL Training". www.truckingtruth.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-01-09. Retrieved 2018-11-21.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- correspondent, Andrew Steele Times. "Roehl Transport celebrates opening of CNG station".
- "Gain opens CNG station for Roehl Transport". 14 October 2014.
- "Trucking Council Announces Safety Award Winners".
- "ATA's Safety Management Council Announces 2011 Award Recipients".
- author, the. "ATA - ATA Honors Trucking's Champions".
- "Rocha, Roehl Earn Grand Prizes in TCA Safety Awards".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-03-16. Retrieved 2014-11-06.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Innovators: Roehl Transport". www.ccjdigital.com.
- "Global Homepage - Volvo Trucks".
- Volvo Trucks (17 November 2011). "Volvo Trucks - Safety Award 2011 to Roehl Transport Inc. and Stagecoach Cartage & Distribution" – via YouTube.
- "Roehl Transport honored with excellence award".
- EPA,OAR,OTAQ, US (3 March 2016). "SmartWay - US EPA". US EPA.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- "Truckload: Leading the way in long-haul". www.logisticsmgmt.com.
- "2014 Annual Quest for Quality". www.logisticsmgmt.com.
- "Looking For Military Friendly Employers? See Who Made The List". militaryfriendly.com.