The Rugby was a brand of automobiles assembled by the Durant Motors Company of New York City, New York (USA). Beside badges and right-hand drive for some models, the vehicle was identical to Durant's Star car, and was assigned to export markets by Durant Motors, due to the name Star being under copyright by the Star Motor Company in the British Commonwealth. The Rugby was built from 1923 (Star: 1922) and production ended in 1928 together with the Star.
Also, commercial cars were based on the Rugby. Very few Durant commercial vehicles were rebadged Rugbys and sold in the US for 1928.
Production of the Rugby is confirmed for the Durant plants:
- Elizabeth, New Jersey (Star and Rugby)
- Lansing, Michigan (Star and Rugby)
- Long Island City, New York (Star)
- Oakland, California (Star)
- Leaside (Toronto), Canada (Star and Rugby)
- (Homepage of the Durant Motors Automobile Club)
- [http://www.durantcars.net/catalogs/rugby/index.shtml Rugby at durantcars.net