Omron Corporation (オムロン株式会社, Omuron Kabushiki-gaisha), styled as OMRON, is a Japanese electronics company based in Kyoto, Japan. Omron was established by Kazuma Tateishi (立石一真) in 1933 (as the Tateishi Electric Manufacturing Company) and incorporated in 1948.
The company originated in an area of Kyoto called "Omuro (御室)"(ja), from which the name "Omron" was derived. Prior to 1990, the corporation was known as Omron Tateishi Electronics. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company motto was: "To the machine the work of machines, to man the thrill of further creation".
Omron's primary business is the manufacture and sale of automation components, equipment and systems, but it is generally known for medical equipment such as digital thermometers, blood pressure monitors and nebulizers. Omron developed the world's first electronic ticket gate, which was named an IEEE Milestone in 2007, and was one of the first manufacturers of automated teller machines (ATM) with magnetic stripe card readers.
Omron Oilfield & Marine is a provider of AC and DC drive systems and custom control systems for oil and gas and related industries.
Business divisions and products
- Industrial automation: industrial robots, sensors, switches, industrial cameras, safety components, relays, control components, electric power monitoring equipment, power supplies and PLCs
- Electronic components: relays, switches, connectors, micro sensing devices, MEMS sensors, image sensing technologies
- Social systems: access control systems (building entry systems), road management systems, traffic signal controllers, security/surveillance cameras, automated ticket gates, ticket vending machines, fare adjustment machines
- Other businesses
As of September 30, 2015:
- State Street Bank and Trust Company 505223
- Japan Trustee Services Bank, Ltd.(trust account)
- The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd. (trust account)
- State Street Bank and Trust Company 505001
- The Bank of Kyoto, Ltd.
- The Master Trust Bank of Japan, Ltd. (trust account)
- Nippon Life Insurance Company
- Japan Trustee Services Bank, Ltd. (trust account 9)
- The Bank of New York, Non-Treaty Jasdec Account
- Motorola 88000 used by the Omron luna88k 4-processor computer
- Arena, a browser which was extended by OMRON
- Yaskawa Electric Corporation
- EURion constellation
- Fuzzy logic
- "Corporate Data". Retrieved April 11, 2014.
- "Integrated Report 2015". Retrieved August 2015. Check date values in:
- "Company Profile". Google Finance. Retrieved April 11, 2014.
- O'Brien, E.; Mee, F.; Atkins, N.; Thomas, M. (1996). "Evaluation of three devices for self-measurement of blood pressure according to the revised British Hypertension Society Protocol: the Omron HEM-705CP, Philips HP5332, and Nissei DS-175". Blood Pressure Monitoring. . 1 (1): 55–61. PMID 10226203.
- "Omron History: Realization of Unmanned Station System, First in the World". Retrieved April 12, 2014.
- "Milestones:List of IEEE Milestones". IEEE. Retrieved April 12, 2014.
- "Omron Global Website: Development of an automatic cash dispenser (1969)". Retrieved April 12, 2014.
- "Omron in Russia". DMLieferant. Retrieved July 22, 2013.
- "Top 100 Global Innovators 2013". Thomson Reuters. Retrieved April 17, 2014.