The 2014 Clipsal 500 Adelaide was a motor race for V8 Supercars held on 1 and 2 March 2014. The event was held at the Adelaide Street Circuit in Adelaide, South Australia, and consisted of two races of 125 kilometres (78 miles) and one race of 250 kilometres (160 miles) in length. It was the first round of the 2014 International V8 Supercars Championship, and marked the racing debut of the Volvo S60 in the series.
Triple Eight Race Engineering won both of the shorter races; Jamie Whincup led home Craig Lowndes for a 1–2 in the opening race, while Lowndes took the second race victory. The weekend's longer race was taken by James Courtney of the Holden Racing Team, holding off Lowndes by 0.7 seconds. Lowndes left Adelaide with a 52-point championship lead over Brad Jones Racing's Fabian Coulthard, who took three top five placings over the weekend. Shane van Gisbergen took third for the round, taking third-place finishes in the opening and closing races.
Top 10 Shootout
|1||97||Shane van Gisbergen||Holden VF Commodore||Tekno Autosports||1||1:20.6535|
|2||1||Jamie Whincup||Holden VF Commodore||Triple Eight Race Engineering||3||1:20.8421|
|3||2||Garth Tander||Holden VF Commodore||Holden Racing Team||6||1:21.0115|
|4||15||Rick Kelly||Nissan Altima L33||Nissan Motorsport||9||1:21.2016|
|5||5||Mark Winterbottom||Ford FG Falcon||Ford Performance Racing||5||1:21.2224|
|6||47||Tim Slade||Holden VF Commodore||Walkinshaw Racing||7||1:21.3774|
|7||888||Craig Lowndes||Holden VF Commodore||Triple Eight Race Engineering||2||1:21.3990|
|8||8||Jason Bright||Holden VF Commodore||Brad Jones Racing||8||1:21.3999|
|9||4||Lee Holdsworth||Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG||Erebus Motorsport||10||1:21.6617|
|10||33||Scott McLaughlin||Volvo S60||Garry Rogers Motorsport||4||No time1|
Championship standings after the race
- Note: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings.
- Bartholomaeus, Stefan (28 February 2014). "Volvo on front-row as Red Bulls share poles". SpeedCafe. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- Bartholomaeus, Stefan (1 March 2014). "Whincup takes opening race in Adelaide". SpeedCafe. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- Bartholomaeus, Stefan (1 March 2014). "Volvo scores thrilling podium as Lowndes wins". SpeedCafe. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- Bartholomaeus, Stefan (2 March 2014). "Van Gisbergen beats Whincup to Race 3 pole". SpeedCafe. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- Bartholomaeus, Stefan (2 March 2014). "Courtney wins dramatic Clipsal 500 finale". SpeedCafe. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
2013 Sydney NRMA Motoring & Services 500
|2014 Supercars Championship||Next race:|
2014 Tyrepower Tasmania 400
2013 Clipsal 500 Adelaide
|Clipsal 500 Adelaide||Next year:|
2015 Clipsal 500 Adelaide