Power Racing Series
Power Racing Series is a non-profit power wheels racing competition. It's modeled after the racing series 24 Hours of LeMans however with child sized electric cars. The power racing series competitions are held at Maker Faire events across the USA.
Power Racing series is a racing competition where teams build a $500 Power Wheel (Or any electric kids’ ride on vehicle.) and modify it to go as fast as it can.
Jim Burke launched the Power Racing Series. The first season in 2009 consisted of six cars, all backed by other Pumping Station: One members. The second season in 2010 was hosted at the Detroit Maker Faire with competitors from several hackerspaces throughout the country.
Involvement in notable events
- Nashville, TN - Nashville Mini Maker Faire
- Atlanta, GA - Maker Faire Atlanta
- Orlando, FL - Maker Faire Orlando
- Official Pumping Station: One website
- Vimby video overview of Pumping Station: One
- Power Racing Series
- GeekProm Chicago
- Hackers of the world unite | Guardian.co.uk
- Interview with Eric Michaud
- Charcoal foundry build at Chicago hackerspace
- Hackerspace at Pumping Station 1: Will the Arts Go Open Source?
- Innovative technology and teamwork that results in hilarious crashing. | Hot Rod Magazine