The CT5 debuted at the 2019 New York Auto Show. Unlike its predecessor, the CTS, and the flagship CT6, the CT5's fastback bodystyle draws inspiration from the Cadillac fastback models from the late 1940s. The CT5 went on sale in the fall of 2019 and is available in four trim levels (Luxury, Premium Luxury, Sport, and V) with an optional Super Cruise semi-autonomous driving system.
The base model CT5 is powered by the 2.0 L LSY turbocharged I4 producing 237 hp (177 kW) at 5000 rpm and 258 lb⋅ft (350 N⋅m) of torque at 1500-4000 rpm. The CT5 is also offered with an optional 3.0 L LGY twin turbocharged V6 which produces 335 hp (250 kW) and 400 lb⋅ft (542 N⋅m) of torque in the standard CT5 or 360 hp (268 kW) at 5400 rpm and 405 lb⋅ft (549 N⋅m) of torque at 2350-4000 rpm in the CT5-V. The only transmission offered is a 10-speed automatic.
The CT5 went on sale in the U.S. in the fourth quarter of 2019 with a starting price of $36,895. In Canada, the starting price is $41,998.
|Calendar year||United States||China|
- "2020 Cadillac CT5: The Complete Details". GM Authority. 16 April 2019. Retrieved 16 April 2019.
- Capparella, Joey (16 April 2019). "The 2020 Cadillac CT5 Tries to Do What the ATS and CTS Could Not". Car and Driver. Retrieved 16 April 2019.
- Stocksdale, Joel (18 March 2019). "2020 Cadillac CT5 revealed, will replace the CTS". Autoblog. Retrieved 24 March 2019.
- Bruce, Chris (16 April 2019). "2020 Cadillac CT5 Debuts, Says Goodbye To CTS". Motor1.com. Retrieved 16 April 2019.
- "Cadillac | 2020 CT5 - Build Your Own". www.cadillac.com. Retrieved 2020-03-19.
- "Pricing Announced for New 2020 Cadillac CT5". autoTRADER.ca. Retrieved 2020-01-12.
- Capparella, Joey (30 May 2019). "The Cadillac CT5-V Is Here with 355 HP, but We're Still Waiting for the Real V Model". Car and Driver. Retrieved 30 May 2019.
- "GM Sells More Than 1 Million Crossovers Again in 2019, and Over 1 Million Full-Size Trucks". 2020-01-03.
|Full-size||de Ville||de Ville||DeVille||DeVille||DTS||XTS|
|Sixty Special (FWD)||CT6-V|
|Fleetwood Brougham||Brougham||Fleetwood (RWD)|
|Limousine||Fleetwood Limousine||Series 75|
|Extended length SUV||Escalade ESV||Escalade ESV||Escalade ESV||Escalade ESV|
|SUT||Escalade EXT||Escalade EXT|