Motor Sport (magazine)
Motor Sport is a monthly motor racing magazine, founded in the United Kingdom in 1924 as the Brooklands Gazette. The name was changed to Motor Sport for the August 1925 issue. The magazine covers motor sport in general, although from 1997 to 2006 its emphasis was historic motorsport. It remains one of the leading titles on both modern and historic racing.
The magazine's photo library is currently managed by LAT Images, which founded as Motor Sport photographic division by Wesley J. Tee in the 1960s and later spun-off as a stand-alone affiliated company.
In 1939 the magazine incorporated its rival Speed (the organ of the British Racing Drivers' Club).
- 1936–1991: Bill Boddy
- ? – December 1996:
- April 1997 – ?: (acting editor January 1997 – March 1997)
- April 2017 – May 2018: Nick Trott
- May 2018 – present: Joe Dunn
- Harold Nockolds, Continental Correspondent. He apparently filled the role by remaining in London and translating articles from overseas newspapers.
- Denis Jenkinson, Continental Correspondent. Known as 'Jenks' or by his initials DSJ, Jenkinson travelled to all the Grands Prix to cover them for the magazine. His race reports were the only way that many readers could keep up with Grand Prix racing due to the lack of coverage elsewhere. Jenks was himself a talented racing driver. In competition he is best known for success as a passenger in sidecar racing, and as navigator for Stirling Moss in the 1955 Mille Miglia, which they won.
- Mark Hughes, Grand Prix Editor (current)
Lucas di Grassi, Dario Franchitti, Sébastien Buemi and 2013 BTCC Champion Andrew Jordan also write for the website on a monthly basis alongside staff writers Simon Arron, Damien Smith, Paul Fearnley, Gordon Kirby, Andrew Frankel, Rob Widdows, Mat Oxley, and Samarth Kanal.
- 1924 – Radclyffe's, Technical Publishers, 65 Victoria Street, London S.W.1
- 1936 – Wesley J. Tee
- 1997 – Haymarket (With LAT and Motoring News)
- 2006 – Chelsea Magazines (separated from LAT and Motorsport News which retained by Haymarket)
- 2009 – Motor Sport Magazine Limited
- "The history of Motor Sport". Motor Sport Magazine. 2008-01-28. Archived from the original on 2018-12-10. Retrieved 2018-12-10.
- Motor Sport, August 1949, Page 297.
- Motor Sport.
- Buckley, Martin (21 August 2011). "Bill Boddy obituary". The Guardian. London. Archived from the original on 10 December 2018.
- "Joe Dunn becomes Motor Sport editor". Motor Sport Magazine. 2018-05-22. Archived from the original on 2018-12-10. Retrieved 2018-05-24.
- "Editorial Team". Motor Sport Magazine. Archived from the original on 2018-12-10. Retrieved 2018-05-24.